If you’re like me and you already feel a little overwhelmed by 2022 (and it’s only 10 days into the new year), I wanted to share this HR Trends Report for 2022 . It provides the perfect reading to ease into 2022. The HR Trends for 2022 Report is published by AI HR (aka The Academy to Innovate HR).
Transition from Project to Product Mindset
One of the trends they talk about as being important for HR is switching from a project to product mindset. This involves:
- Deep understanding of employee characteristics and what they want from work
- Applying design thinking principles to craft human-centered solutions that create a memorable, personalized, and engaging experience
- Thinking about value in terms of continuous incremental innovations — moving to market quickly and improving value based upon employee feedback.
Here’s how AI HR illustrates the differences between project and product mindsets:
It’s good stuff — and is worth giving them your email for the download. There are plenty of insights that you can use to position and market your products and services.
Help HR Address These Trends
Remember: what you provide helps HR leaders survive and thrive amidst these new trends. As you consider your approach for 2022, how does what you offer support HR in adopting a “product mindset” instead of a project mindset?
Ask these questions:
- What is the HR buyer’s desired outcome — regardless of how they get there? (Yes, getting there may not include you. But that’s okay. They will thank you for being honest about that.)
- Next, how can you help HR teams deliver for those long-term outcomes vs. short-term achievements?
- How do these outcomes ensure future stability for HR? (Remember, it’s a product focus, not a one-time project deliverable.)
Study the HR Trends to Set Your Brand Apart
As 2020, 2021, and now 2022 illustrate: change is constant. For HR and everyone else.
Whether it’s remote work, the Great Resignation, vaccine mandates, or a labor shortage, HR leaders are busy anticipating what is going to hit them next.
Set your brand apart by studying the trends HR is facing in 2022. Then help them navigate those trends.